My varied experience includes working with attorneys who have a wide range of practice expertise, including:
Business and Corporate Law
BONE MCALLESTER NORTON PLLC, 511 UNION STREET, SUITE 1600, NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37219 • (615-238-6300)
Andrea P. Perry, Esq. and William J. Haynes, III, Esq. - primary supervising attorneys
Paralegal/Legal Assistant – October 2015 to Present
Responsible for assisting multiple attorneys with commercial transactions, workman’s compensation, litigation, estate planning and probate, including: drafting or reviewing contracts, closing documents, leases, correspondence, researched and prepared successful pleadings and supporting memorandum of law, independently prepared wills and estate planning documents, preparation and filing of probate documents, and strategy conferences with attorneys.
RONALD B. BUCHANAN, ESQ., 165 INDIAN LAKE BLVD, SUITE 101, HENDERSONVILLE, TENNESSEE 37075 • (615-944-5700)
Paralegal/Legal Assistant - March 2006 to October, 2015 (formerly Buchanan & Detring)
Responsible for the day to day management of a dual-sole practitioner firm, including: extensive participation preparing pleadings, motions, memoranda of law and other legal documents in complex cases including commercial litigation, and insurance defense, drafting and execution of wills, powers of attorney and other estate planning documents, strategy conferences with attorney, client conferences, monthly maintenance of accounts receivable and payable, and general office management.
ROBINSON & ROBINSON, ATTORNEYS AT LAW, 61 MAIN STREET, SOUTHAMPTON, NEW YORK 11968 • (631-283-7100)
Paralegal/Legal Assistant -September 1998 to June 2003
Responsible for the day to day management of sole practitioner firm, including: calendar control, conferences with new and current clients to obtain pertinent information, legal research, drafting of correspondence, pleadings, real estate closing documents and wills, review of contracts and closing documents with clients, attendance at title closing, strategy conferences with attorney, monthly maintenance of accounts receivable and payable, and general office management.
UNITED STATES ARMY – 2/9 Field Artillery, 56th Field Artillery Command
Combat Medical Specialist (Rank E-4) -June 1986 to June 1989
Responsible for all medical and administrative aspects of the Battalion Aid Station: rendering basic medical attention to physically ill or injured soldiers, maintenance of medical records, vehicle repair and maintenance; inventory of equipment and supplies, and general military duties.
- Nashville School of Law -- Davidson County Juvenile Court Custody Clinic (2 years)
- Nashville School of Law -- Habitat for Humanity Wills Clinic (2 years)
- Nashville Bar Association -- Legal Aid Clinic (2 years)
- Nashville Bar Association -- Young Lawyers Division
- Tennessee Bar Association | Diversity Leadership Council 2018
- Federal Bar Association
- Lawyers Association for Women -- Marion Griffin Chapter
- Napier-Looby Bar Association, Inc.
- The Harry Phillips American Inn of Courts (1 year)
NASHVILLE SCHOOL OF LAW: Juris doctorate, August 2104 to present.
Anticipated graduation date of May, 2018. Current GPA – B.
BETHEL UNIVERSITY: Business Management, September 2012 to May 2014
Completed Bachelor of Arts in Business Management. Graduated with honors.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, STONY BROOK Certificate in Paralegal Studies July and August 1997
Finished in the top 5% of class.
FELICIAN COLLEGE, LODI, NEW JERSEY June 1990 to August 1992
Completed two years towards a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Address: Nashville, Tennessee 37221
- I returned to academia in 2012 to complete my undergraduate degree at Bethel University while working full-time and graduated in 2014 with a 4.0 G.P.A.
- I am currently employed full time as a Paralegal at Bone McAllester Norton PLLC.
- I am enrolled full-time at Nashville School of Law and expect to graduate in 2018.
- I plan take the July 2018 Tennessee State Bar Exam.
- I was a member of the United States Army for three years, leaving my post in Germany shortly before the destruction of the Berlin Wall.
- I am a devoted mother and fiercely loyal friend. In my spare time, I enjoy open air concerts, gourmet cooking and entertaining friends and family.